This salad comes together quickly and can be made ahead to marinate in the fridge. It’s a great choice for a potluck because its flavors blossom at room temperature.
- super-firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- fresh cilantro, minced
- green onions, thinly sliced
- toasted sunflower seeds
- sesame seeds
- toasted sesame oil
- tamari, coconut aminos, soy sauce, and/or ponzu sauce
- rice vinegar
- fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl, place the tofu cubes.
- Cut the cucumber in quarters lengthwise then crosswise into quarter-moons and add to the bowl with the tofu. Add the cilantro, green onions, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds and toss together. Drizzle in toasted sesame oil, tamari, rice vinegar, and lime juice. Toss again to combine. Taste, adjust the seasonings, and serve, or let marinate, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve.