Enjoy lots of flavors and textures packed into this main course salad, and add whatever salad vegetables you enjoy.
For the mushroomy beans:
- olive oil
- bay leaf
- leeks, cut into half-moons
- green bell pepper, diced
- serrano chile or jalapeño chile, thinly sliced
- cooked beans of choice
For the taco salad:
- lettuce of choice, spun dry and torn
- radishes, cut into half-moons
- cucumber, cut into half-moons
- kohlrabi, peeled and diced (optional)
- red cabbage, chopped
- green onion, thinly sliced
- salad dressing or mayonnaise and vinegar of choice
- corn tortillas, for serving
- Prepare the roasted tofu taco bits.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mushroomy beans: Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop the stems and caps. In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the mushrooms, bay leaf, leeks, bell pepper, and chile and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to brown. Add the beans, stir, turn the heat to low, cover, and keep warm.
- Prepare the taco salad: In a large bowl, add the lettuce, radishes, cucumber, kohlrabi, cabbage, green onion. Toss, add salad dressing, and toss again until well combined.
- Toast the corn tortillas until hard. Break them into individual bowls. Layer mushroomy beans, salad, and tofu taco bits on top and serve.