If you like seasoned tofu, you’ll want to have this very versatile topping or filling on hand for tacos, burritos, baked sweet potatoes, casseroles, salads, soups, stews, and other uses you’ll discover!
- firm or super-firm tofu of choice (we like Wildwood or Trader Joe’s brand)
- olive oil
- tamari, coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- taco seasonings of choice: dried oregano, smoked paprika, chipotle powder, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, ground cumin, turmeric, black pepper
- lemon quarter (optional)
- Line a baking dish or baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the broiler in your toaster oven or regular oven.
- Cut the tofu into tiny cubes or mash with a fork. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and toss. Add a splash of tamari and toss again. Sprinkle with taco seasonings and toss until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and spread in a single layer. Broil until crunchy, about 40 minutes total depending on the heat of your broiler, stirring and checking every 10 minutes or so. Taste and season with more taco seasonings and/or a squeeze of lemon. Let cool a bit before using.