A juicy, crunchy, sweet, savory, and refreshing summer salad with a choice of two very simple dressings for an easy lunch. Accompany with rice cakes alongside, if you like.
- super-firm tofu, such as Wildwood brand, cut into cubes
- Asian, English, or Persian cucumber, unpeeled and cut into cubes
- red or yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- mayonnaise of choice
- store-bought or homemade basil pesto or hummus
- Mix together the tofu, cucumber, and sweet pepper in a bowl.
- Add a tablespoonful of mayonnaise and a tablespoonful of pesto or hummus on top of the salad. Toss until well combined and serve.