Great for filling tacos, stuffing an avocado half, or topping a mound of salad greens, this dish is quick to put together for lunch, an afternoon snack, or a light meal if you have hard-boiled eggs or tofu in your fridge waiting to be eaten. If you like a tangy salad, squeeze in some lemon juice or drizzle in a favorite vinegar.
- fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped, or celery ribs, thinly sliced
- greens (such as kale, collards, chard, or beet greens), massaged or lightly steamed/microwaved, then thinly sliced
- green onion, thinly sliced
- sweet pepper, chopped
- hot chile, thinly sliced
- fresh oregano, cilantro, and/or parsley, minced
- pitted green olives, chopped
- hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped, or plain or seasoned tofu, mashed or diced
- prepared mustard of choice
- mayonnaise of choice
- toasted sunflower seeds
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel, greens, green onion, sweet pepper, chile, herbs, and olives.
- In a small bowl, mash the eggs with the mustard and mayonnaise. Add the eggs and sunflower seeds to the veggie mixture and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.