Just in time for Super Bowl 50, here’s an easy dip that uses avocados in a different way from your standard guacamole. Any extra is great stuffed in tacos, spread on sandwiches, or stirred into a bowl of soup or stew.
- ripe avocados
- store-bought or homemade plain or flavored hummus
- one or more seasonings (optional)
- thinly sliced green onion
- dried or fresh chopped oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- tortilla chips, crackers, or rice cakes
- crudités (such as carrots, celery, sweet peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and sugar snap peas)
- salsa (optional)
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados and put in a bowl. Mash with a fork. Stir in the hummus and any optional seasonings.
- Serve with chips and crudités with a bowl of salsa alongside.