The toasty flavor of the broccoli complements the richness of the egg and the herby flavors of the pesto. To make this dish dairy-free, buy or make pesto without Parmesan cheese or sub in olive tapenade.
- broccoli crowns, cut into small florets
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- corn tortillas
- homemade or store-bought pesto of choice or olive tapenade, at room temperature
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Preheat the toaster oven or regular oven to 400ºF. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Toss the broccoli with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared pan and spread into a single layer. Roast until browned on the edges and cooked through, checking every 5 minutes or so. Keep warm.
- Cook the eggs to order. Toast the tortillas.
- To serve, place a toasted corn tortilla on each plate, mound with broccoli, and top with an egg, a dollop of pesto, and a few drops of hot pepper sauce. ¡Olé!