I hope you can find cherry tomatoes where you are. If you haven’t cooked with cherry tomatoes, ooh la la, you’re in for a treat! They have a more intense flavor and are less watery than regular tomatoes, so they make a tangy and intense tomato sauce. Precooked polenta that comes in a roll makes it easy to cut and roast the polenta slices.
- garlic cloves
- precooked packaged polenta
- extra-virgin olive oil or oil of choice
- onion, chopped
- mushrooms, chopped
- jalapeño chile, minced
- cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- minced parsley
- cauliflower, chopped
- condiments (olive tapenade, green chile sauce, hot sauce, soy sauce), for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mince the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Slice the polenta, toss with oil, and set on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast until beginning to firm up, then broil, flipping over several times until both sides are crispy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm oil in a large frying pan. Add onion, mushrooms, chile, tomatoes, and salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the vegetables soften and the tomatoes turn into sauce. Add the garlic, some parsley, and the cauliflower, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is completely soft.
- Season with condiments of your choice, sprinkle with more parsley, and serve over the polenta slices.