Made from brown rice, corn, sorghum, and buckwheat, Bob’s Red Mill’s Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal is gluten-free and worth a try. But you can use these ideas with your favorite hot cereal. The secret ingredient is applesauce, to thicken and sweeten the cereal without sugar.
- hot cereal of choice
- soy milk, nut milk, or rice milk
- coconut flakes
- unsweetened, organic applesauce
- sliced or slivered nuts of choice
- chia seeds
- fresh fruit (optional)
- Prepare the hot cereal according to the package instructions. Instead of using all water to cook the cereal, considering using half milk.
- Add the raisins, coconut flakes, and applesauce while the cereal is cooking. When the cereal is done, turn off the heat and let the cereal rest for 5 minutes or so.
- To serve, stir in the nuts and chia seeds and add more milk and fresh fruit, if desired.