These tacos are a versatile, satisfying, and savory morning meal option and are great for a breakfast on the go or at home with your favorite morning beverage. The only filling that doesn’t work in these simple tacos is soup, but you can certainly slurp soup along with your breakfast tacos.
- corn tortillas
- possible fillings
- hummus topped with tomato slices, sweet pepper strips, and/or cucumber spears
- avocado slices or guacamole topped with tomato slices, cilantro sprigs, and/or a drizzle of hot-pepper sauce
- store-bought or homemade nut or seed butter (such as almond, pistachio, cashew, peanut, or tahini)
- cooked potato or sweet potato mashed with a pinch of kosher salt
- roasted vegetables topped with fresh basil leaves
- cooked lentils or beans topped with sweet pepper strips and a drizzle of hot-pepper sauce
- tofu or hard-boiled egg mashed with chopped olives and prepared mustard of choice
- any leftovers, such as fried rice, noodle dishes, vegetable stir-fries, etc.!
- lettuce leaves (such as Little Gem, butter lettuce, or romaine)
- Warm the corn tortillas in the toaster oven, toaster, or microwave.
- Warm your filling in the microwave, if desired. Add your filling to half of each tortilla.
- Top with lettuce leaves, fold, and enjoy!
Please let me know any ideas you have for breakfast taco fillings that are dairy-free, vegetarian, and gluten-free.