Sounds like an odd combination for a pasta dish, but the flavors bring to mind a salad Niςoise because of the potatoes, herbes de Provence, and the briny olives and artichoke hearts. My household enjoys spicy tang, so we used pickled jalapeño chiles in place of the vinegar.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- onion, sliced into thin half-moons
- mushrooms, sliced
- potatoes, cut into ½-in. dice
- brown rice or other gluten-free pasta
- marinated artichoke hearts
- greens, such as kale or collards, center ribs removed and leaves chopped
- pitted green olives, chopped
- vinegar, such as white wine or white balsamic
- herbes de Provence
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until softened. Add potatoes and a sprinkle of salt and cover and cook until potatoes are just soft.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving a cup or two of the cooking water.
- Add artichoke hearts, greens, and olives and cook until greens are wilted. Mix in pasta. Season to taste with vinegar, herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper.