How about a winter main-course salad without the usual suspects? No lettuce here.
- red radishes, sliced
- fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- baby arugula leaves, washed and dried in a salad spinner
- green onions, thinly sliced
- super-firm tofu or seasoned baked tofu, cut in ½-in. dice
- hard-cooked eggs
- orange juice
- lime or lemon juice
- tahini (sesame paste)
- toasted sesame oil
- Sriracha chili sauce
- toasted sliced almonds
- Put radishes, fennel, arugula, green onions, and tofu into a large serving bowl. Peel and slice eggs; add to bowl.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together juices, salt, tahini, sesame oil, Sriracha, and pepper. Adjust seasonings.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly. Top with almonds and serve.