It is natural to roast juicy carrots and sweet butternut squash together. Here’s a simple and tasty combination. Select slender carrots, if possible, and with their tops attached to ensure freshness. Inspired by a recipe from Bon Appétit.
- carrots, whole if less than 1 inch wide or halved lengthwise if wider
- butternut squash
- extra-virgin olive oil
- white or brown balsamic vinegar
- minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Rinse and dry carrots and butternut squash. Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds and discard (compost). Slice squash crosswise into half-moons about ½ inch thick.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots and squash with oil, vinegar, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Spread the vegetables in one layer on baking sheets. Roast until vegetables are tender and browned, stirring every 15 minutes.