It’s fall and time for persimmons, pomegranates, and tangerines. Inspired by a friend’s recipe, this salad mixes local autumn fruit with imported fresh pineapple. Good for breakfast, a snack, or dessert. Use fuyu persimmons, which are round and squat, because they are sweet and ready to eat when firm, like an apple.
- fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into chunks
- pomegranate seeds
- fuyu persimmons, diced
- tangerine (mandarin) sections, cut in half if you like
- thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- juice of a lemon or lime
- ground cinnamon
- Mix the pineapple chunks, pomegranate seeds, persimmons, tangerines, and mint in a bowl.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the mixture and stir. Season to taste with cinnamon, stir, and serve.