I can’t help myself. Here’s another way to serve cauliflower—which I believe is a most versatile vegetable (see why I think it is a magic vegetable). I thank the Green Kitchen Stories blog for this recipe’s inspiration.
Cauliflower “rice” salad
- cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- fresh parsley
- fresh basil
- pumpkin seeds
- lemon juice, lime juice, or your favorite vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- red and yellow sweet peppers, diced
- olive tapenade or chopped briny olives
- toasted almond slivers
- sea salt
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Put cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor and whirl until the size of rice. Pour the cauliflower into the boiling water and simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast pumpkin seeds in a skillet on medium-low until golden; set aside. Finely chop herbs.
- Drain cauliflower in a sieve. Pour cauliflower into a large serving bowl. Mix in herbs, lemon juice, oil, sweet peppers, tapenade, pumpkin seeds, and almond slivers. Adjust seasonings and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.