Cauliflower spinach salad with chimichurri artichoke dressing
The dressing for this salad was inspired by a jar of chimichurri, a green sauce originally from Argentina, that I found at Cost Plus World Market. If you can’t find store-bought chimichurri, add parsley, cilantro, garlic, vinegar, and a little bit of jalapeño chile or chile flakes to the dressing.
Cooked cauliflower, while still warm, wilts the spinach and helps meld the flavors. The store-bought artichoke hearts and chimichurri usually contribute enough salty brininess, but feel free to add salt if you like.
- marinated artichoke hearts
- store-bought chimichurri (see Note)
- olive tapenade or pitted olives
- fresh basil, chopped
- spinach, chopped
- cauliflower, cut into florets
- pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley and cilantro
- Whirl the chimichurri, the artichoke hearts plus some of the marinade from the jar, a few tablespoons of olive tapenade, and the basil in a blender or food processor to make the dressing.
- Put the spinach in a large bowl. Mix in the chimichurri dressing.
- Steam the cauliflower until soft. Quickly transfer to a bowl and break into small pieces with a large fork. Pour the warm cauliflower into the bowl of marinated spinach and mix. Add pumpkin seeds, pistachios, pepper, and herbs. Adjust seasonings as needed and serve warm or at room temperature.